The ArchiTech Group LLC was founded in 2002 as ArchiTech Consulting LLC for independent consulting service. It has provided services to both public and private sectors in enterprise architecture, enterprise solutions and system modernization, strategies, technical advisory, and professional training.
• Help enterprise and federal government clients in creating new strategies, architectures, and solutions for digital enterprise and cloud computing transformation.
• Help companies in internal capability and solution development across enterprise architecture, SOA, cloud computing, and enterprise system modernization.
• Lead strategy development in the new generation IT operating model.
• Help public and private sectors on revamping EA programs. Provide EA development and management guidance on organization specific EA principles, framework, reference models, performance models, roadmaps, governance practices, etc.
• Provide professional training and academia courses on "Enterprise Architecture", “SOA Best Practice, Governance, and Lifecycle Management”.
• Have initiated "A Platform on Cloud for Education on Demand" that evolves from software as a service (SaaS) to platform as a service (PaaS), with multi-tenant applications and data architecture in solution. Submitted a fast-track SBIR proposal (including both Phase I & II), and won the award in the 2011 "Chunhui Cup" innovation and entrepreneurship competition sponsored by the Chinese Dept. of Science and Technology and the Dept. of Education.
• Have initiated the Inter-Enterprise Architecture, which addresses the extended business context and environment associated with cloud computing and social collaboration platforms. A presentation is delivered in the Open Group Conference with well acceptance.
• Developed enterprise architecture approaches, methodologies, processes, and techniques, with customized enterprise architecture frameworks and models based on the best practice references, such as DoDAF, FEAF, Zachman, TOGAF, etc. The work also include define component-based service-oriented architecture, using object oriented approaches for compatibility with current software engineering tools and languages. Also provided help on tool selections.
• Initiated, led, and provided guidance on enterprise architecture development in public sectors, which included business, solutions, and system architectures. Created a Recursive Framework for Business Architecture, and a framework for enterprise system architecture development. The work was well accepted and highly regarded by the clients.
• Served as the technical adviser to the executives in public sectors, provided consulting services on enterprise architecture (EA), system architecture, best practice approaches and methodologies, system engineering management, solution evaluation, sourcing support, etc.
• Provided consulting services on CRM technology integration; provided guidance on web service aggregation and web portal evolution, etc.
Dr. Zhao has been an enterprise chief architect, strategist, innovator, and executive for Fortune 500 companies, also an entrepreneur and a professor. She has over 20 years work experience across academia, corporate research, software industry, and consulting service. Before reinitiating ArchiTech Consulting LLC, she was the Director of Enterprise and Solution Architecture for CGI Federal, a Chief Engineer/Architect for SAIC, a Corporate Level Principal Architect for Aspect Communications, a Principal Consultant for MITRE and PwC, and a Solution Architect, Project Lead, and Research Scientist for IBM.
She got a Ph.D in Computer Science and a Master in Mathematics from Arizona State University, a M.S and a B.S in Computer Engineering from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications. She has 6 patents granted, 4 patents pending, and a number of invention disclosures, publications, and public presentations.